Friday, December 9, 2011
See Ya!
Finally was able to see my doctor and get some antibiotics so I can start functioning again... now that finals are just about over! Talk about stressful. Good news is I am feeling much better and am excited to teach another class tomorrow at Lodestar and extend my time there through the new year at the very least. Not sure yet what I'm going to teach. I usually wing it depending on what type of students show up. Some aren't very focused, others more than ready to have a good conversation and participate so it all just depends. I have a couple of lesson plans developed and based off things I've studied that have really went over well in the public forum. Having this experience has really taught me a lot about myself and the world around me. I have never taught before and was sort of thrown into the position and have stayed afloat and enjoyed it thoroughly. I have started thinking about what I plan to do after I graduate ASU this spring and I'm not really sure but this experience has led me to want to at least seek out more opportunities in teaching but only if I can do a subject I am enthusiastic about and preferably with older teens/adults that can keep up a good conversation. I thankful for having taken this class (at the last second even) and also for my experience at Lodestar. It's truly changed my life in numerous ways that have allowed me to focus more on what it is I want to do and what I need to do to get there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it is great that you were able to get so much satisfaction out of your internship! Enjoy the break and good luck next semester.
ReplyDelete